Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Creative Juices Flowing

It has been less than two weeks since I started my new WIP. I am already at 10,000 words. That is insane to me. If I keep up this pace, I could tentatively have the rough draft done in four months. I have never written this much in such little time.

I still like my previous WIP and would like to go back to it again sometime, but I love the way the creative juices are flowing for me. It's hard to explain what happens when I get in the zone. It's like time doesn't exist. I was writing at a little after nine o'clock and now it's ten thirty. I had my headphones on listening to soundtracks and my husband put his hand on my shoulder and scared me.

My goal for the April Writing Challenge was 8000 words. And now I am 2000 words past that. So my new goal for the challenge is to get to 15,000 words. There are 11 days left in the month. That is 500 words a day. My time is going to get a little busier this week, but I am sure I can do it.

No comments: