Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Month, New Goal

I hit my original February goal of 4000 words. I thought I'd up it to 8000 (since it was the middle of the month). Then the flu hit. I had it the worse for about a week and then my girls had it for a few days. Then I was just tired from being sick and didn't hit the secondary goal. But that's okay. Life happens.

So, for March my goal is going to be 5000. Right now in my life, I prefer to aim lower and hope to hit higher. I didn't write anything in my WIP for over about 9 months. Then this year I started writing on it again. So if my goal is 5000 words a month, then that is 45,000 words vs. 0 words for the next 9 months again. It all adds up in the end.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I'm with you. I aim realistic and then am happy if I pass my projections. I have an amazing writer friend who aims for the sky, and usually hits her mark.

You just have to know what's best for you and your family :)