Friday, December 23, 2011

Long Time, No See

Wow.. almost 6 months with no post. Even if I'm not writing regularly (which I'm not) I would like to try and write on here more often, because it keeps me in the writing mentality.

Anyway, so what have I been up to? I've written here and there on my WIP. I've written a little on my side WIP when I feel like it. I've even written on my short story. That's probably too much to work on at once, but I get restless with my projects after awhile. I think if I just had more focus maybe I could do better.

My sister says something like "Excuses, even if they are good, are still excuses. You don't get things done." So, I do have excuses, and some of them are good. But I'm not getting the writing done. Now, I'm not being that hard on myself. I'm one of those people that believe there is a time and place for everything and when it's the right time it will happen. EXCEPT you have to put the work in at the right now. It isn't going to happen on it's own.

One kind of exciting thing that happened is I have made some money off writing. I have a Kindle and wanted a few kids stories on there. Me being the writer I am, didn't want to just buy a bunch of books. I wanted to write one. I wrote four short stories for my kids. Then I thought, why not put it on the Kindle store and see if I could sell some? So I did. I've sold 12 copies. That is in about 1 month of sales and no real promoting (except telling some friends that ended up buying a copy. Thanks friends!). I have made $4.20 from writing these stories for my kids.

I like the publisher route, because basically says, your writing is good enough we want to sell it in a book. I like the indie publishing route because it says, I can write what I want and be in charge of it. I guess I'll just keep on writing and see which route to take next.

No comments: